Saturday, July 28, 2007

What Are the Chances?

So last Wednesday K and I were at the park where our church was holding this family function. We had signed up to help out and had been put in charge of the tug of war event. Sadly, this was set up over the rock-hard patches of dirt that make up most of the park grounds, so the few kiddos that braved this event inevitably walked away holding their bruised arms and bemoaning their newly inflicted injuries under their breaths.

Before the event started, we headed across to the pavilion to get some water. I had been at school all day and was sick of sitting down, so as we walked I said, "I'm so glad to be standing." K got a funny look on his face and, once we were on the other side of the pavilion, took me aside and said, "You have rather unfortunate timing." I, of course, had no clue what he was talking about. Apparently while I was remarking on how joyous it was to be standing, I was walking right past a woman with one leg sitting in a wheelchair.

What are the chances?

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

Barbara (woman in the wheelchair) is Marci's mother in law. Sweet, sweet lady and if she indeed heard you I am sure she thought nothing about it, but sweet of Kirster to be sensitive to her presence.